I just hit upon what is in my view, stunning idea:
I enjoyed ResearchEd 2013 – Tom & the team did a wonderful job. I was left thinking that people were “inspired”an awful lot was discussed, judgement was passed and little changed. (we are all too busy)
So: How about we move from talking about research to discussing how to do research and what research we can deliver as a community. Let’s move from being connoisseurs of research to being agents of change. The most impressive community of change agents I ever encounter are at a Start up Weekend, where I have been fortunate enough to be a coach on a couple of occasions.
So, I give you:
- I think it may involve and old idea of mine – a hub to aggregate shared understanding of current research: ImpactEd.
- Spend some time discussing RCTrials, methods, Ethics, dissemination
- A pitchfest – people pitch their idea for a research project in 1 minute – anyone brave enough can pitch a question or idea for research.
- Top ten pitches as voted by the hoards go forward to build teams to create proposals in 3 hours. Teams built of Teachers, Leaders and Researchers.
- Dragons Den pitches of the ten to determine who wins the funding pot donated by a lovely sponsor with HUGE pockets.
The ResearchEd community builds 10 viable project teams and they feed back at Research2014.6 in six months time and we run the whole process again.
Views? Its just a brain splurge – needs charisma and charm to pull it off. I was at charm school with @oldandrew ………………………..